Tado turning off (resume schedule)

Options

For some reason my Tado has started turning both the heating and hot water off.

If I click into either of the heating or hot water icons in the all there is a button to 'resume schedule'

I have Geofencing on but it currently sees me at 'Home'.

This happened yesterday evening when I noticed there was no hot water for a shower. So I clicked 'resume schedule'. this morning there was no water again (turned off), with the resume schedule button showing again.

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Options
    @nick9one1 assuming your schedule is all correctly configured then something else to try is: if you open the Hallway tile and then click to view the graph on the top right, you can then long press on the graph and find out at what time it turned off. This can provide some clues.

If you see a hand icon, then tado believes it was manually switched off at that time.

This can point to a couple of things - somebody is physically turning these off at the thermostat, which in your case is probably not happening if it's unexpected.

The other option is if you've integrated tado with a smart assistant (e.g Alexa)?

Tado interprets an instruction from a smart assistant as a manual control event. If you've got a routine or made a request via a smart assistant (for example to switch something off), very occasionally this can be interpreted and actioned as a more generic "turn off everything" instruction depending on how it's been configured. This can occasionally mean the smart assistant also turns off your heating.
  • nick9one1
    Options

I think you might have hit the nail on the head there.

Last night I turned the heating off using Google. 'Ok Google, Turn off the heating'.

This was about 8.30pm, it was scheduled to run until 9pm.

But both heating and hot water should have turned back on this morning at 7AM. Per the schedule.

• cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Options
    @nick9one1 in which case it looks like you need to change the settings for a manual control event. As tado treats an instruction from a smart assistant as manual control it behaves in the same way.

Go to Settings - Rooms and Devices - click the room name (in your case Hallway), then at the top should be a setting that defines what happens for a manual control action. My guess is it's set to "Until you resume schedule". Change that to "until next schedule change". You should be good to then use Google as you intended.

You'll probably have to do similar for hot water, or change your voice command slightly, so it doesn't also turn off hot water, as it looks like Google also chose to turn off your hot water with that request.
  • nick9one1
    Options

Thanks for your help.

The set mode was exactly that - 'Until ended by user', I have changed it to 'Until Next Automatic Change' on both CH and HW.

You're also correct about Google turning off the hot water, it seems that saying 'turn off the hallway, instead of 'turn off heating' turns off just the heating. I might try renaming hallway to 'central heating' or something similar.

Thanks again!

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options

@nick9one1

That's exactly what you need to do.......you must ensure that tado° and your Google Assistant can differentiate between a tado° feature request and a Google request for lights etc.

For tado° I use "Bathroom" and for my Alexa I use "Toilet"

For tado° I use " Living Room" and for my Alexa I use "Lounge"........etc etc

This will eliminate any "Command Crossover" problems.