TQX2007/es3247b support

Options

Hi all, well as a complete newbie to this I purchased the v3+ black edition kit and an extra wired thermostat thinking all would be ok...I've come to install and when following the app guide, upon getting to installing the programmer it then tells me the es3247b isn't compatible. Gutted is an understatement. I have searched the forums and there maybe a way of getting this to work but I don't understand it enough so I'm hoping for some guidance on what my options are.

Currently I have hot water tank and 2 heating zone (wired upstairs and downstairs) thermostats at the moment. The picture below is of the current es3247b wired in:

and a picture of what this means on the programmer unit

Is this all a lost cause?

Thanks in advanced

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Looks like you’ve got a three channel controller.

Assuming you have two wired thermostats, the easiest way is to replace them with Tado wired thermostats and leave your existing controller set to always on and controlling the hot water.

If you want to control hot water with Tado you’ll need to rewire, use your Tado wireless receiver and wireless temperature sensor to control one heating zone and the hot water, and buy a Tado wired thermostat to control the other heating zone.
  • damobrowny
    Options

Am I not able to link the 2 zones up to act as 1 zone (whole house, instead of an upstairs and downstairs). I do plan on adding TRVs in each room eventually.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    It depends what you mean. The physical zones aren’t the same as Tado’s virtual rooms - if you were to put Tado trvs in every room you would create the equivalent rooms in the app and it wouldn’t be noticeable that you had two physical zones.

If you mean physically link up the two zones, then yes, but you’d need to rewire and replumb to remove the zone valves.