Why is my heating alwas on

Options

The boiler is still running even when the app switches off the heating. The pass-through radiator is hot the room radiators are off.

The rooms remain cold. The pass-through radiator is hot, and the boiler is still running.

Answers

• streetmj01
    Options

Just installed mine today. Followed all instructions to the letter and app says all connected. Went to configuration and just seems to have stuck - my pass- through rad is on and boiler running. Config instructions are vague in relation to confirmation and mine is the combi config. Dies the yellow light turn white or should it turn white eventually?

• johnnyp78
    Options
    @Jimmy and @streetmj01 you need to give more details about your set up. What type of boiler do you have? What Tado devices do you have? How are they wired to the boiler?
  • Jimmy
    Options

Hi johnny78, thank you for your response. My boiler is an Ideal gas boiler HE24. My heating system has four radiators controlled by four Tado thermostatic thermostats.

When the heating system is closed by the Tado wireless controller at night, the boiler still runs, the pass-through radiator remains hot during the night, and the Tado 4 radiators are cold.

Thank you, Jimmy.

• Plumber friend suggested that room stat wiring may have polarity issue and to reverse black and grey wiring. Eureka, I hope! Now seems to be working as scheduled in the app.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    @Jimmy do you have a combi or system boiler? Is anything else connected to it, like a timer for the hot water?