Home and Away. How does your's perform

Options

In my first 4 weeks of using Tado products I've only had 2 away notifications. One was 3 hours after leaving the house (not much point in that) and the other was when I was at home it advised me that my wife's phone was away (like I didn't know she was out).

I'm getting to like the product but I would like to know others' views on the consistency of home/away, either reporting, or automatic if you're subscribed.

I don't like the idea of paying a subscription for features of something that I have bought but if it works properly it could easilly be worth it.

Comments

• wateroakley
    Options
    @Folkranger the geofencing mostly works well for us. The geo away function recognises multiple devices and the last device to leave home sets ‘away’. Key is to make sure it is set for only the devices you take with you, eg your phones. If eg your iPad is set as a geo device, and you don’t take it with you, you’ll never get the notification. If you are set ‘away’, it’s much more reliable to get a message when near home.,
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    Geofencing works fine for me. I don’t subscribe. @Folkranger have you changed the distance? Mine is set for 500m so i don’t keep getting notifications when I’m too close to home. It’s odd you’re not getting any at all though.
  • Folkranger
    Options
    Just checked everything g on our two phones. Both set up identical and fenced to recommended 670ft. Tablets not included. I'll have to see if there are any other phone settings required. Funny that I have had 2 odd notification though.
  • Folkranger
    Options

Been through phone settings. No thanks to those listed on Tado website which are wrong for Samsung 10.

Found my wife's phone allows Tado to go to sleep so set that to "Unrestricted". Let's see what that does.