Room thermostat not heating the room

Options

Hi,

I need help because Tado support stopped answering a week ago.

My setup is the following: gas boiler (Vaillant ecotec pro), underfloor heating, 1 main thermostat in the living room (Vaillant VRT 35), 2 room thermostats in each bedroom (Moehlenhoff R 40203-40N4). I call it main because it was the only one that could trigger the boiler, the room thermostats could only stop heating the room if it's too hot.

(Note: until this point all was sent to Tado before purchase, they told me to buy 3 wired thermostats and internet bridge.)

I've replaced the main thermostat first, and all was well. Then, I replaced one room thermostat, and now it never heats that room. The wiring instructions were provided by Tado support, because the app didn't have any. I attach the inside of the old thermostat, its wiring diagram, and a reply from Tado ow should the new thermostat be wired.

Note: I do hear clicks when I set the temperature high enough.

Note2: I tried setting the living room thermostat to be the zone controller for the room - this just meant that when I setup bedroom thermostat to high temp, the living room heats, bedroom is always cold.

Note3: Previous wiring and Tado's answer:

arrow slot - a wire -> NO

N slot - empty

N slot - a wire -> P1

L slot - a wire -> COM

clock slot - empty

Answers

• starconf
    Options

The instructions Tado provided you seem correct to me, is it possible that the N and L wires may have got accidentally switched round?

• tvidovic
    tvidovic
    edited November 2022
    Options

I've double checked (reconnected the old room thermostat - works) - the wiring is correct.

Edit: I've now tried to switch 2 Tado thermostats - the one in the living room that is working and the one in the bedroom that is not - now the living room does not work (which means nothing works)! Guess there's a Tado thermostat issue...

Good thing they are ignoring me.