My wife works from home from a bedroom with one rad.

Options
I want to set up this room as a new zone which during the day would be warmer than the rest of the house. I have the v3 starter kit installed so for the new zone would I need a smart thermostat and a smart TRV or just the valve?

Best Answers

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@DuncanH

You can add a tado° Smart Radiator Thermostat (SRT) to this room and this room will be able to "call for heat" directly via it's own schedule in the App.

For finer temperature control you could also install a Smart Thermostat or Temperature Sensor for more accurate temperature readings.

• cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@DuncanH I'm guessing you don't currently have any other Tado SRTs installed?

If so then it's probably worth bearing in mind (if you haven't already) that if you only buy the one and fit it to that room, then when that room calls for heat all other radiators in the house will also heat up anyway, as tado is unable to stop hot water flowing through them.

That may be fine for what you want but just something to be aware of.

Answers

• DuncanH
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I'll fit an SRT first and see how it goes.
  • DuncanH
    Options
    Thanks CBD20, that is the bit that confused me as there is one pipe network connecting all rads so increased temp would affect all. So I could set all the other rads with TRVs at a lower temp thus restricting the flow and set the smart TRV in the workroom to a warmer temp with a schedule to cool it outside office hours. Or fit smart TRVs to the other rads and control them via the app? Or just get my wife to wear more pullovers 😉
  • Kissarmy
    Options
    Pullovers are good, my wife works from home and wears several layers. I have 16 smart radiator thermostats and 3 wireless temperature sensors however the biggest savings have come from buying a £20 hot water bottle from Amazon that has a cover with a furry lined pocket on top for her to put her feet in. This has resulted in her turning the thermostat down! :)