Why does my hot water come on randomly (Outside of schedule)?

Options

Hi all,

My Hot Water is scheduled to come on twice a day, once in the morning and briefly again in the evening, as shown here:

However I've noticed that the hot water is actually coming on multiple times a day, often way outside of the scheduled time. Here are a few examples:

This is happening on average 6 days a week (Typically one day seems to act as scheduled).

Does anyone know why this is happening? It's using up a lot of gas.

Note that I'm certain that no-one else in the house is overriding or manually turning the hot water on.

Does this happen for everyone?

Thanks in advance.

Ben

Answers

• cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Options

@BenS1 I've said this to a few other similar issues on here recently, but do you use a smart assistant (e.g Alexa or Google)? If so, is it linked to your tado account?

Occasionally these smart assistants misinterpret a command to turn something on or off and ALSO turn tado on and off...

• BenS1
    Options

Thanks for your reply cbd20, but I don't think it's that....

In fact, I think I've just worked it out. My Away mode was to Hot Water ON:

So it looks like every time I left the house the hot water would turn on!!!

I had assumed that this setting would still honour the schedule, but no it looks like it's a straight on/off.

Is there a way to tell the Hot Water schedule work regardless of whether I'm at home or not (i.e. disable Geofencing) but for the Home/Away Geofencing to continue to work for normal Heating?

• cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Options

@BenS1 looks like you've found the problem.

If you click on each timeblock in your hot water schedule you can specify whether you want geofencing on or off for that timeblock.

• BenS1
    Options

Thanks again cbd20 👍️