Thermostat randomly overridden to 21c

Options

Every day I keep finding rooms are being overridden to 21c, particularly in the evenings. I have to resume schedule to return them to the expected settings. I have the wired smart thermostat and six STRVs.

Things I've checked include-

• Home schedule (one affected room is permanently set to off/frost protection)
  • Away schedule (all rooms are set to eco/minimum 5c)
  • Early start (off on all rooms)
  • Wife isn't setting anything in the app, and no other people are in the house
  • Alexa doesn't have any recent history/activity related to Tado

Any ideas to solve this mystery would be appreciated.

Best Answer

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    @petermoorey

Your pic shows a "hand" at the bottom....which indicates a "Manual Change" for that room/device......this could be a "physical" change or possibly an action incorrectly carried out by your Alexa........are you sure that there is no conflict between your tado° Room names and your Alexa rooms.

PS I think that the "Dark Mode" is horrible......so difficult to ascertain what is going on.

Answers

• Thanks for the reply. I have gone ahead and disabled the Alexa skill and removed all devices. I will check what happens tomorrow.

I’m fairly sure it’s not us triggering Alexa to make changes, we don’t really use Alexa and especially not at the time the heating has been coming on. I’m not sure what could be physically setting the temperature, but I understand your point that the temperature is being set manually somehow.
  • It just occurred to me that I have an Alexa routine to power on two groups of devices (two rooms) at dusk, and the timing from the routine history exactly matches when the heating changes to manual in the same rooms.

Mystery solved! Thank you!
  • GrayDav4276
    Options
    You're very welcome 👍😎