False Low Battery

Options
13»

Comments

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Looks like battery info is now available via push (iOS)
  • Folkranger
    Options
    My system has been up and running for 8 months now and while I had a whole bunch of false low battery shutdowns in the first month or two I have had no problems at all for the last 6 months until now.

A trv showed as disconnected so I took the batteries out and restarted it. This action triggered a low battery email.

I notice no one else has been complaining on this thread. Have Tado fixed this issue without telling us?
  • Winnie
    Options

I’ve just had a similar problem with 2 of my TRVs - tried just re-starting the TRVs, re-inserting current batteries. They were only 5 weeks old!! Cured one of the TRVs but still had a red spanner against it in the app because I didn’t wait long enough before re-installing it after putting the batteries back - I had a professional fit them initially so I was a complete novice playing with these!!

The other one turned out to by gunked up on the valve pin with green copper deposits and wax so I cleaned it, moved the pin in and out to loosen it up and re-installed it. Kept getting E2 errors as it wasn’t calibrating properly. I think the fitter maybe didn’t do a very good job fitting the adapter and when I replaced the head it would only work if the reading showed at the side rather than at the front of the head!! I don’t need to see the reading - I have a temperature sensor in the room so at least it works this way!! Calibrated and red spanner disappeared from my screen.

No more low battery messages!!