Tado Installers

Options

Been looking at a Tado Starter Kit and possibly having a go at installing it myself but the more i look at my heating system the more complicated it looks and the more weary I get especially with how slow the chat facility is (Its a regular boiler with a hot water tank) so I thought about getting a pro in to install it.

Its as though there are no engineers out there who want to do anything for you unless you want a new boiler. A new smart thermostat doesn't seem like its worth the effort for most plumbers/heating installers and electricians are scared of them.

No matter how hard I scour the internet I cant find an installer anywhere!! If you want a Nest there are loads out there but nobody for Tado so I am most likely going to be forced to get an alternative which is disappointing.

I don't suppose there are any lists available of installers anywhere? Im in the UK and live around the Wigan/ St Helens area and close to ditching the idea completely.

I tried the live chat to see if they could help but they want a full run down of how my heating system works and i don't have all that knowledge to give them its not just a straight swap from an old receiver to a new receiver there are other components speaking to each other that i dont really understand.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    If you click ‘book a boiler service’ under care and protect in the app, you should get a list of local installers. No guarantee that they will agree to the install but they might at least.
  • GrayDav4276
    Options

In my experience there are not many CH engineers that have a great deal of tado° experience......at least not in my neck of the woods.

• Hill
    Options

You arent kidding about the dearth of Tado installers or people that will touch it despite the installers manuals. Not even the Tado kit sellers are helpful.

After my Tado failed and the App went west I have tried to re-install myself but there are things I cant do myself safely - and now I am seriously looking at Hive and Nest

I have placed the job on find a tradesman site with no luck so far

• GrayDav4276
    Options

With tado.....you're pretty well on your own.....especially now that tado "appears" to not be interacting with the Community Forum anymore.

• PinguCol
    Options

Hi. I don't see this option in my app. Has it been removed? Do I need to do something to enable this?

• johnnyp78
    Options
    It’s been removed I think.