Help with what to buy!

Options

Hi All,

Before I go ahead and purchase I want to be clear on the right kit.

I have a system boiler in the kitchen with a hot water tank upstairs in an airing cupboard.

1 x Bathroom - On/ TRV

1 x Bathroom - On/ No TRV

4 x bedrooms - On/ TRV

Living Room - On/ TRV

Kitchen - Off / No TRV

Hallway - On/ No TRV

Current setup -

Honeywell Home 2-Channel Digital Programmer wired beside the boiler in kitchen

The hot water is controlled via this programmer and is set to come on 2 x a day. The heating is set to constant.

Salus RT500RF Wireless Programmable Room Thermostat Rt500r and Reciever this controls heating via the wireless programmer.

This stat sets a minimum temperature for the living room. The other radioators come on when this comes on too.

The reciever has replaced the old honeywell dial thermostat this is hard wired in the hallway

Proposed setup:

Keep the Honeywell Home programmer for the hot water only - easy to boost hot water when needed.

Replace the Salus with a Tado thermostat

Key issues

I like the setup of the main thermostat being in our living room and would like to replicate this setup using Tado, however I am at a loss as to which kit I require as the thermostat being in the hallway is not ideal

At the moment I only have the budget for a simple kit, though at a later date I would like to add Smart TRV's to different rooms.

In this scenario what is the best option for me to get started.

Sorry for the long post but I hope there is enough info so I can get some help

Than you in advanced.

S

Answers

• wateroakley
    Options
    Assuming you have an S plan system with two two-port zone valves for hot water and heating - and eg Honeywell ST9400c programmer … The wireless starter kit would replace your programmer and room stat. I’d recommend you fit Tado TRVs. That will give you a lot of control over the heating zone/room and HW schedule. Shop around at eg screwfix, BT Shop and eBay for the best prices. At current gas prices, our ROI is about 6-8 months.

If your budget is constrained, maybe the wireless starter kit and one TRV for the lounge. Put the wireless stat in the hall and keep the manual TRVs for other rooms. HTH.
  • WarmDaze
    Options

Thank you, that makes it much simpler