Is my thermostat working?

Options

Hi, I have 4 smart rad valves, internet bridge, wireless room thermostat and wireless controller running a Worcester heat slave oil boiler. The system also has another 5 radiators with ordinary TRV’s. The smart rad valves work satisfactorily but the thermostat is a bit of a mystery. I had assumed that when the smart rad valves were turned down and the temp on the thermostat drops below the set temp, the boiler would kick in to heat the none smart radiators, but that isn’t happening. The only way I can get heat into them is by turning a smart rad on, then the boiler kicks in and heats the whole system. Is that correct? What should the thermostat do?

thanks James.

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    The thermostat should be able to call for heat from the boiler via the wireless receiver. Look in rooms under settings - does the room the thermostat is in have a zone controller or is it set to independent? If it’s independent it will purely be a measuring device.
  • jradley
    Options

Thank you, that’s helpful. The thermostat is set as a Zone control but the three options under settings are greyed out. It looks like it’s set correctly, but not working.

James

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    If the wireless thermostat is set as a zone controller that’s incorrect. Zone controllers need to be physically connected to the boiler - in your case it should be the wireless receiver.

Which three options are greyed out?
  • jradley
    Options

I have gone through Settings, Thermostat to Zone controller, the three options under zone control are greyed out. If I click on the blue bar at the bottom to configure it sends a message off to Tado.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    I think you need either try reinstalling it or contact Tado support, that doesn’t sound right at all.
  • johnnyp78
    Options

When you click on a specific room, do you get a zone controller option like this?

• jradley
    Options

I do, but when I go in the Zone control it’s all greyed out.

I have disconnected and reconnected the thermostat and it then gave me an option to set it up as a wireless zone control, which I have, and it works.

Brilliant result, thank you for your help.

James