Heating on, but no indication why......

Options

Hi everyone

I had a situation a few weeks ago where my Wireless Receiver lost connection with the internet bridge and kept the heating on until it re-established a connection. This happened overnight so I only noticed when I woke up in the night and realised all the radiators were on full blast at 2am!

I reported this to Tado support who said the Wireless Receiver would maintain it's last known state until the connection was established.

This morning I have had another situation where a TRV lost connection to the receiver (needed some new batteries after about 3 months), and once again the heating remained on. This time was more concerning as there was no indication in the Tado app this was happening, and the only way to resolve the problem was to install the new batteries in the TRV.

Is anyone else seeing this?

It seems concerning that the system is turning the boiler on without any indication to me that this is occuring, and it's entirely possible it's happening a lot as they only way I notice is when the radiators are on when the shouldn't be.

I like Tado (I had Nest previously) so I am hoping someone is going to say 'just press the green switch' and everything will be fine!

It does feel like there is a fundamental problem with the system's wireless connectivity - the Wireless Bridge and the Wireless Receiver that lost connection previous are 8ft apart!

Comments

• jasonm
    Options

Hi @Gray@GrayDav4276

That did make me smile - turning my heating on without any indication it's doing so, for hours at a time, definately is a unique approach!