Ideal vogue c32 gen 2 tado installation

Options

Advice needed! This is the current wiring in our boiler. The white wire is the mains cable and the black is the Condensate Pump.according to instructions I need to connect to L, N & room stat. The L & N already have 2 wires wired in, room stat has 1 in each terminal from the condensate pump. Where do I go from here?!

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    You’re going to need to rewire the condensate pump I think. I have an ideal vogue and the condensate pump definitely isn’t wired into my room stat. The other option would be to wire the Tado Opentherm, and leave the condensate pump where it is, but to do this you’ll need the eu version of the wireless receiver.
  • Naomi83
    Options
    Thanks for your reply! Don't suppose you know where your condensate pump is wired to? We don't have the eu version so opentherm isn't an option really.
  • starconf
    Options

I take it both black wires go to the condensate pump? It looks like one is to supply the power and the other is for the alarm cut out.

For the stat connections you will need to remove the short red bridging wire and connect the Tado's COM and NO connections in its place, effectively connecting the Tado in series with the cut out.

For the power, if you can't fit a third wire into the L & N terminals you might need to have the condensate pump's power supply rewired directly from the fused switch.