Radiator valve closed while calling for heat

Options
Hiavata
Hiavata
edited November 2022 in General Questions & Topics
I'm fairly new to the setup, but I have an interesting one.

I've noticed, since installing the whole thing, that when temp difference is 0<0.4 degrees, the radiator valve/thermostat will request heat, and the boiler will start (with half the temperature, as expected due to just one curly line) but the valve would not open. This can go on for sometimes an hour or more until the temp drops enough for it to open or the schedule changes.

I've noticed this type of behavior on all the valves.

My problem is that this is creating excess heat on one (hall) radiator, which has a regular valve.

Does anyone have a similar problem?

Comments

• Katona
    Options
    I have similar issue, can this be caused by improper calibration? (It did finish successfully, though).
  • Mdavid
    Options

I just noticed a similar issue. In my case it's a wired thermostat asking for heating and not opening it's own relay

• Same problem here. Seems to be a very common issue, support is totally helpless. I am going to return the products back to Amazon for this reason.
  • srichards
    Options

Yes. Similar issue. Set SRTs as independent then for some reason they aren't as strange and because they are denied heat for a while they open more than if they actually can control the boiler (!)

I think the heat geek people made a similar point that radiators have to be open to get the heat into a space so having them shut off too soon or fail to open is counter productive.