Connecting wireless receiver to Glow-worm Energy 30c

Options

Hi Guys, been having a flick through and everyone seems really helpful on here, but can't quite find what I'm looking for. I'm going through the installation process of connecting the wireless receiver to my combi boiler. One of the instructions mentions needing a power supply which is not provided. I was under the impression it would obtain power from the boiler. Is anyone able to confirm? The instructions mention putting the grey and black wire from RT 24V to CH COM & NO on the receiver (currently bridged)

But as for the power I'm a bit lost. The existing received (Climapro 2) is connected to the BUS +&- terminals.

On the mains side there is a separate terminal which mentions RT. But only the one terminal so I presume this won't work.

Hopefully the photos help to explain a bit more. I'm usually quite switched on with electrics etc but I can't get my head around these instructions!

Thanks in advance for any advice. :)

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Are you using an EU wireless receiver? If you’re doing a digital install the bus connections might power it, depending on the boiler model.

If you’re installing relay you’ll need separate power, taken either from l and n on the boiler or a separate power point.
  • Hi Johnny,

It's UK, whether that makes any difference?

Thanks!
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Yes, it means you will have to do a relay connection as there’s no digital option. You’ll need to take power either from the boiler - the l and n terminals - or a separate power point.

You should also be aware that you’re replacing a modulating thermostat with a relay connection so Tado is only going to be able to turn your boiler on and off, rather then modulate output levels as you currently have.
  • Rossi46
    Options

wire the common and switch live from the Tado through the Live and RT connectors on the mains block and remove the link from the RT240v block next to the Bus connection

• We do have a "wireless" thermostat & TRV's to go along with this part I'm trying to wire up, so I guess that covers the modulating ability?

Rossi - so the power can be obtained from that mains block?

Cheers for your help so far guys :)
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    There’s no external modulation control in a relay connection. All Tado can do is simulate modulation by cycling the boiler on and off. Take power from l and n on the mains block or an external power source.
  • Hello. Apologies but can someone help me and tell me what should be connected here exactly.

• Lewis did you manage to get this to work in the end? I'm having the exact same issue with my energy 35C - looks identical to your board. Cannot get the reciever to work at all