w.Intercom = i;Installing Tado Starter V3+ kit with Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30 cdi Combi boiler — tado° Community

Installing Tado Starter V3+ kit with Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30 cdi Combi boiler

https://www.screwfix.com/p/tado-v3-black-edition-wireless-heating-hot-water-smart-thermostat-starter-kit/701KG?kpid=701KG&ds_kid=92700055281954511&ds_rl=1249404&gclid=Cj0KCQiAtICdBhCLARIsALUBFcGJxt7ekpCsNZMRjgyV00DCiK02Y3qtOAluBBUW7bga4Z4nYisIkM0aAj_3EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I fitted this kit to my Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30 cdi Combi boiler in 1 hour after the instructions from Tado.

2 screws underneath the boiler casing with a securing clip on top, 1 slide down securing clamp lock to release the electronics block forward, then 5 screws to remove the plastic cover housing the power supply – take photos and a detailed video of all the above the assist you to re assemble correctly.

I disconnected the existing wall mounted thermostat wires in Lr, Ls & Ns terminals of relay 230V in my boiler power supply board and connected with the supplied Tado 4 core Loom as follows :-

Blue into N - in Tado wireless unit -  Into Ns of relay 230v block of boiler

Brown into L in Tado wireless unit  -    Into Ls of relay 230v block of boiler

Grey into CH NO in Tado wireless unit  - Into LR of relay 230v block of boiler

"The short link purple wire connects between L and CH COM in Tado receiver unit

Your embedded timer can be set to heat on permanently / constantly for Tado to override the system or the timer needs to be removed"

I also removed the connections to the old wall stat in my living room as a double pre caution.

All is working as I need – ie I can control my heating as per app or the Tado smart stat which is not wall mounted.

I do not need to control the water temperature as this is a combi boiler and the hot water is supplied when I open the tap.

I hope this helps.

Comments

• This content has been removed.
  • We have the Worcester Greenstar CDI30 plus MT10 time clock, and no thermostat currently installed on it or on the wall. Did you have the same?

• Contact Tado. You will need instructions to apply a D17 configuration.