Tado wireless thermostat and smart trv

Options

So I have installed 6 smart trv,s and have a tado v3+ as the wireless room stat. I have mounted the room stat in the hall and also fitted a smart trv to the radiator in the hall. All smart trv,s are set to use the wireless room stat as the zone controller. When I set up schedules for each room should I have a schedule set up for the room stat as well? I originally just had the room stat and a schedule set and only subsequently added the trv,s. What I don’t want to happen is have the room stat trying to call for heat without any requests coming from the trv,s . Should I remove any previous schedule that I put into the room stat and if so what temp should I select as a default in the room stat (I think it came with 18c as a default setting).

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Provided you have the hall stat and trv in a their own room on the app, there should be no issue with setting it to a low temperature so it doesn’t call for heat. Depending on your insulation, anything below 14 degrees would make it unlikely to call for heat often.
  • Graeme1
    Options

Thanks. So I’m Right in assuming that provided i set the stat low the trv will be able to call for heat if I set it to a schedule with the temp range that I want.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Not sure what you mean. You set the temperature by room, not by device. Each room has one measuring device in it, which calls for heat, unless the room zone controller is set to independent.