Main / Baxi E133 Fault during low temperature in away mode

Options
I had my V3+ kit on with newly installed Main Compact Eco combi boiler. It was working really good on the first few days, while I set it at 20 degrees. However, when I turn it down a bit at night or away like 17 degrees. The ignition light didn’t turn on and it fails then. I checked and observed a few times and found that it happens when the controller gives instructions to boiler that a minimum gas is needed to maintain the temperature, but the same time boiler finds it’s dangerous as it fails below the minimum gas level / pressure.

Can I do some settings in Tado so some modulations are limited or it can switch to on/off only?

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    How is your Tado device installed? If it’s wired in via relay it will be just be telling your boiler to turn on and off anyway. There should be a way to turn up the maximum flow temp on the boiler.

If it’s installed on a digital modulating connection you can try turning up the maximum flow temp on the Tado pro app or on the boiler and see if that makes a difference.

Do you have Tado trvs on all your radiators? If so you might need to have one radiator without a trv to act as a pressure bypass. It sounds to me it’s more likely that the boiler is locking out due to a pressure build up but I could be wrong.
  • icarusbon
    Options
    It’s connected to my boiler directly with 4 wires by the professional. I am not sure if it is modulating instead of on/off but this is what I was told when I go to the app for a look.

So far I set the heater to maximum at 80 degrees. But I cannot find anywhere I can change the settings in the app. There are 4 output level and I believe that the problem happens only with the lowest level.

I don’t have any tado TRV yet nor any other smart TRV. They are all traditional ones that I am planning to replace soon.
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    I’m guessing the four wires are l, n, + and -. If you download the Tado pro app you can lower the maximum flow temp, though I’m not totally sure that’s the issue. Instructions here

https://community.tado.com/en-gb/discussion/8611/release-opentherm-max-flow-temperature-setting/p1
  • icarusbon
    Options

I checked and now it is in relay mode rather than OpenTherm. It seems something wrong with the gas supply but I am not sure yet. When I turn the heater on, it takes more than one minute for the ignition light on, and so as the gas meter starts counting. I don't know why the boiler cannot intake gas properly when it first starts, and I have asked the installer to come again to check.

Thank you very much Johnny for your kind support!