Energy IQ not converting m3 to kWH correctly

Options

I started using Tado in Dec.

I've set the meter reading units to be m3 and display to be kWH. I've set my gas tariff as 0.0981 £/kWH (as displayed in my OVO dashboard) - note Tado rounds that to 0.1 £/kWH.

According to OVO/Smartmeter, I've used 1596.55 kWH of Gas in Jan so far. I've entered the meter readings for 1 Jan and 18 Jan into Tado (note, these are in m3) - showing 133m3 usage.

Energy IQ is saying I've used 106kWH so far this month. This is about 10x too little usage. It seems that Tado is taking the m3 readings and treating them as kWH and subtracting a bit for water heating.

What am I doing wrong, or is this a major bug in EnergyIQ?

Thanks for any tips!

Comments

• This is exactly the problem I also have.
  • Phillip_PAL
    Phillip_PAL ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options

The meter readings dont seem to be connected to the IQ consumption.

I enter m3 December used 302 but IQ estimates 210 m3 despite having actual figures that it has supposedly used. I can only think it assumes the remaining 90m3 is for cooking and hot water. We dont have gas cooker and nowhere near that is used for hot water!

So it's wrong when staying in same units before any conversion is involved.

• GrayDav4276
    Options

It just doesn't seem to work properly at all.......I have now cancelled my subscription.

• royi
    Options

I was also going to cancel my subscription, but it started working.

https://community.tado.com/en-gb/discussion/17807/accuracy-of-tado#latest

• (Oops, didn't finish posting this the other day.)

Hmmm. It seems to have corrected itself, not sure when. Maybe it takes some time for the local app to update with the settings change. It would be good if it tells you this, or clears the current data after a change.

• royi
    Options

@FrankTaylor so glad it's working, seems like tado are working behind the scenes as you said would be nice to keep us informed.