My current system Baxi Boiler ,Horstmann H37VXL Controller , 2 X Seitron Wired Thermostatsat

Options

I have 2 zones plus separate water section on my current controller , will i be able to purchase this set TADO V3+ BLACK EDITION WIRELESS HEATING & HOT WATER SMART THERMOSTAT STARTER KIT and just add 1 further wired thermostat or would I have to buy Starter Kit Wired Smart Thermostat V3+ and additional wired thermostat as the 2 I have already are wired..?

All help much appreciated

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Is it a three channel controller? If so you’ll need to rewire, the Tado wireless receiver can only do two channels. If you can rewire, you can use one wireless receiver for one heating zone and hot water, and a wired thermostat for the other zone.
  • axs1544
    axs1544
    edited January 2023
    Options

Thank you for your response would I not be better to do what has been suggested in this question https://community.tado.com/en-gb/discussion/15088/installation-replacing-3-channel-controller

As in get Starter Kit Wired Smart Thermostat V3+ and add another thermostat to replace both my wired ones and just leave my current controller in place on "always on" and the thermostats would send signals to the boiler when heat was needed and old controller still does the water..?

Also can you have the old controller connected to the boiler as well as the tado controller.?

Or I actually only need to replace the 2 wired thermostats and replace with tado and that's it, Iwont need the starter kit..?

• johnnyp78
    Options
    If you don’t want Tado to control your hot water, that’s definitely an easier solution.