"early start" functionality suddenly enabled

Options

Hello,

today (february 9 2023) I noticed the 'Early Start' functionality was suddenly enabled in our smart schedule. We have the tado app installed on our (two) phones, but none of us enabled that functionality ourselves, we're 100% sure.

I do remember there were 2 app updates available in the google play store recently that were both installed. Is it likely such updates change settings without me realising this? Do other people experience the same ???

I did experiment with early start over a month ago, but it did not manage at all to figure out how much earlier it needed to 'start' to reach the requested set point in time. So I disabled it and reconfigured the smart schedule block to start sufficiently early by hand. Not perfeect, but good enough to work around the problem of early start. That has been working reliably ever since untill early start automagically switched on as well today.

Comments

• davidlyall
    Options

I would say the lack of replies means this is not affecting anyone else.

Turn it off and if it occurs again, raise a case with Tado support

• AzertyNL
    Options

I'm convinced you are right, does not seem like some global, or App update related issue.

I now realize I answered a 'customer satisfaction' query from tado a few weeks ago that I received as an e-mail.

Unfortunately I felt compelled to include a lot of constructive critisism 🤭, one of my remarks mentioned my dissatisfaction of early start not working well (not getting the time right when to start heating). Maybe someone at tado actually read my reply and decided to switch on early start for me (without communicating about it) and maybe tweak some parameters, not sure. I'll re-test the feature when I have some time to actually monitor what happens.

I'm not sure I'll bother contacting customer support, like you suggested I have switched early start off, that works for me at the moment.

(tado please do not touch my user configurable settings without telling me) 😎