Hot Water on Wired thermostat

Options
Hi all. Moving home - new house has a conventional system with a hot water tank. It uses a wired TPOne-M thermostat located in the hallway which controls the heating and also the hot water from the same device. No timer or any other controls in the cupboard with the tank.

Question is, can I replace the TPOne-M with a wired Tado (which I already have from my old house which I’m bringing with me) to also control the hot water, or do I have to go and get the wireless one and strip out the wiring next to the hot water tank and put it there?

Additionally the system has 2 zones, with the other thermostat also wired, so was hoping to use another wired Tado on that

Thanks!

Best Answers

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    You’ll need a wireless receiver to control the hot water and one heating zone. Your wired Tado thermostat can control the other.

If your existing programmer is three channel - ie wired into both heating zones and hot water - then you’ll need to rewire.
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It can’t directly, though I think you can buy HomeKit switches and the like.

Answers

• Cooper100
    Options

Thanks!! Greatly appreciated :)

Assuming Tado can't control an immersion heater too? It's just on a separate 'on off' switch The tank has one as a 'backup', would like to be able to control this remotely too, as I'll be able to use solar panels to basically have free electric