v2 to v3 bridge questions

Options
GazPlow
GazPlow
edited March 2023 in General Questions & Topics

I have been running a v2 bridge without issue for a good few years. However, I now have a new device that is out of range and wondered if I would see any benefit to upgrading to a v3 bridge. Do these have a stronger radio / greater range?

Also, if I was to upgrade the bridge, can the old bridge still be used on a new account? I ask this because having invested so much in this system, I would like to take most of it with me when we move house.

Thanks

Comments

• GrilledCheese2
    GrilledCheese2 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

I can't personally comment on the v3 bridge for signal strength, but I don't recall someone on this forum commenting that upgrading will improve device range issues. The advice is normally to mount the bridge in a central location, in a vertical position and up high.

If you do upgrade the bridge (there is a mechanism in the app), make sure you retain the free premium features that came with the v2 system. If you move house you will need to keep both the user account and the devices to retain the free subscription. Don't create a new user account.