Hot water control not working

Options
I've recently bought a Tado internet bridge, wireless receiver & 4 radiator stats and wired up the internet bridge & receiver over the weekend (also adding the rad stats to the system). The heating control works fine but the receiver won't switch on the hot water, even though the control tab appears in the Tado app. I have a mid-position valve and the receiver seems to be configured correctly as y-plan, going by the configurationinstructions.
Anyone have any ideas why the HW control isn't working?

Comments

• davidlyall
    Options

Do you hear the relay click in the wireless receiver when you turn on HW?

If you do, double check the wiring as it may just be a bad connection.

Was it working 100% before the Tado install?

• McStu74
    Options
    Hi,
    No HW relay click or LED lit.
    HW was working fine on the timer beforehand. For now (just so we have hot water) I've bypassed the receiver and permanently connected the 'HW on' line to mains live. Just means the boiler comes on whenever the HW tank stat switches to 'call', including at 3am...
  • davidlyall
    Options
    Sounds like either a configuration issue or faulty receiver

Since the LED doesn't come on, I suspect it's configuration so would reconnect you get tado support to check your system
  • McStu74
    Options
    Ok thanks. I was thinking that's probably going to be my next course of action.
  • YodasDad
    Options

I used the Tado chat on their website. They told me my thermostat had the wrong communication type and should now be fixed (it isn't) but I wonder if they somehow messed up the setting on whether the stat should be calling for the boiler on the nc/no contacts vs the analogue/digital communication pins.

• davidlyall
    Options

I would think if they've done that, it would also stop your heating from working. I assume that's still OK?

Does the LED now come on when you select HW? If so, is there an audible click from the relay? If yes to both then you're next step is to double check wiring for the HW side of the system. If it's still not clicking or lighting the LED then I would go back to Tado support