Switched Fused spur / smart plug controller

Options

Hi,

I really like Tado and we have smart thermostats on all our radiators.

However, we also like our electric fire on in the living room from time to time. It would be nice if there was a switched fused spur or smart plug option so we could control all our heating devices through Tado. We could control the fire through a smart plug now, but it would be a separate system and have no awareness of temperature. It would be nice to have one integrated solution.

Cheers

Kenny

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• I agree , the addition of a smart socket/plug to control electric heater with a wireless room temperature sensor would be an excellent option for rooms with no installed radiators or underfloor heating
  • kolucciy
    Options

I agree it would be nice to have. My current workaround is to use smart fused spur with zigbee support, wireless tado thermostat and link them together via Home Assistant. That way I can control it from Tado app as well.

• CukeUK
    Options

Yes smartplugs that connect directly to the hub, thus not using the home's own WiFi network, ones that act as a range extender for the tado system would be very useful as well..

• roycruse
    roycruse
    edited November 2023
    Options

Easy to do with home assistant and a tuya fused spur or smart plug or any other brand that home assistant has an integration to.

home assistant will run on a raspberry pi or as a VM on a synology NAS if you already have one and costs nothing.

a bit of a learning curve to set it up but theres plenty of documentation and online help and forums etc.