Replacing wired Heatmiser with tado wired for Hot Water

Options
I have a Vokèra system boiler with wired Heatmiser system for 2x heating zones (upstairs and downstairs) and 1x for Hot Water.
I've replaced the Heatmisers with tado and no issues, however, for the hot water I'm not convinced. I've replaced the wired Heatmiser with the tado smart thermostat, but it's treating the hot water as if it were a room and doesn't seem to recognise the hot water control, not like the Heatmiser does with a simple On/Off for hot water, but instead it's only giving me the option the set a room temperature to max 25 degrees, which is pointless since that zone only controls hot water.
I've looked at the support and community and I can't seem to find a clear answer, only options with wireless solutions which I don't need, since wiring is already done and just want to replace my current Heatmiser.

When I trigger the tado smart thermostat to come on for hot water, by setting it to the max temperature of 25 degrees, it's not showing the symbol that yhe hot water is on. My boiler seems to only support On/Off by the way.

According to the link below, there should be a symbol showing that the hot water is on when triggered. The symbol doesn't show.
https://support.tado.com/en/articles/3387237-what-do-the-symbols-on-the-smart-thermostat-or-wireless-temperature-sensor-user-interface-mean

Is it not possible to have a simple On/Off schedule for the hot water with a wired thermostat? Am I missing something or have I done something wrong?

Any help appreciated!

I hope someone can help

Answers

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Sounds like it isn’t installed correctly. It certainly shouldn’t be wired in like a room. What equipment are you using? You can’t use a smart thermostat to control hot water, you need the uk wireless receiver.
  • FunkyJ
    Options
    You can use a smart thermostat to control hot water. Our Heatmiser did it and the tado actually is heating up the water, but the software/firmware isn't reflecting that. I've set a timer for 2x 20 minutes at 25 degrees, because that's as high as it goes and the utility room hasn't gotten warmer than that. So the 25 degrees is acting as "On". The challenge being, should that room get warmer, i.e. above 25 degrees, then it won't trigger the boiler to heat up whatever that zone is connected to.
    The device is directly wired to my Vokèra system gas boiler that heats up the water in the water tank. I'm not sure what added value a wireless receiver would give me? Would that not defeat the purpose of a wired solution?

From what I can tell this is a software/firmware issue. I'm curious how others have done it that have replaced their legacy wired solution with a tado wired solution.

That said, if the only way to tado can do what I need it to do, recognise hot water and give me an On/Off scheduling option through a wireless receiver then I'll need to accept that and put the Heatmiser thermostat back on for the hot water only.
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Your last paragraph is correct. If you want to keep treating your hot water as a room then stick with what you’ve got.