How to identify Smart Radiator Thermostat model number - not printed near the pairing button

Options

I am trying to identify my Smart Radiator Thermostat model number (VA01, VA02 etc.), but cant see any reference to this printed on the sticker near the pairing button.

Is this normal? Is there any other way of identifying the model number?

I am trying to identify if my thermostats are compatible with rechargeable batteries.

Thanks

Answers

• pcone
    pcone ✭✭✭
    Options

I think that is likely an older model, ie. not compatible with rechargeable batteries. If you look in the app, under settings > rooms & devices, you should be able to find the firmware version. If it's 50-something it's the older model, if it's 90-something it's the newer/VA02 model.

That said, I've found that non-rechargeable Duracell batteries have lasted over two-years in my devices, so don't see much point in switching to more expensive rechargeables.

• JamesP2023
    Options

Thanks. The firmware version is 95.1. I've read conflicting advice as to whether this is a good indicator of the version - a bit odd that this would suggest that it is the newer model, but this is not printed on the device...