Issues with Tado keeping valves closed this season?

Options
dduzanec
dduzanec
edited October 2023 in General Questions & Topics

Hello,

I have been using tado sind september 2022.

The overall use of the system in that season was satisfying.

However, since I started the system last Sunday, I have noticed weird behaviour of the system.

First indicator was looking at the „Energy IQ“ module of the app.

There I could see the predicted costs have reached half of the cost of complete october 2022.

This should not be since this is a very warm october. Warmer than the one in 2022.

After noticing this I have been looking more often what is happening and it seems I could detect that when a room  has to heat up  less than 0,5 degrees  to reach the set temperature, athough the boiler seems to get the information and order the water should be heated, and it is doing it, the smart regulator which has given the input is keeping the valve closed.

So the boiler is heating up the water which doesn't get to the radiator which  should heat up the room.

This is something I haven't noticed last year.

Did anyone else notice this issue?

Was this triggered by some kind of firmware update?

Also, today I shut off the heating since it was 20 degrees Celsius in the morning.

I am a little bit confused why the heating was on at all at the high temperature outside.

Isn't tado checking the outside temperature and accordingly deciding if the heating should at all be turned on?

I won't say this wasn't like this last year. It might be possible I didn't notice some of this things.

It is a weird issue and error.

I asked the support the same question this morning, since I find this to be a huge problem, however noone even read the message yet. :(

BR

Daniel