Indicate which device is the measuring device for a group.

Options

When looking at devices in a group (room) could you highlight the one that is the measuring device (master), as distinct from the others (slaves)? This is under Settings > Rooms & Devices

and/or place the measuring device at the top of the list.

4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    I actually thought that the selected "measuring device" was automatically positioned at the top of the devices in that particular room..... I could be wrong in my assumption tho'.
  • Yes, you're quite right!

Somehow I hadn't noticed that...

• No.

I've since discovered that the measuring device is not always the first-listed.

Curious. I wonder how the position is determined?

I've just added a emote thermostat to a group and it was inserted at the top of the list of devices (and assumed to be the new controller/measuring device).

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Are you sure doing that didn’t make it the measuring device for that room?
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

If you make a manual change to which is your measuring device, it certainly does NOT change the list order.

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    So @samd
    Was my original "assumption" wrong....?? 🤔
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Just had a look and I’m afraid it doesn’t put the measuring device top of the list if you change devices. I imagine it would be quite simple to tweak this to do it though, if anyone from Tado happens to be reading this.
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@GrayDav4276 Partly!! If you add a measuring device it puts it top of the list and that is the scenario most people will experience. If you subsequently change measuring duties to another device on that list, the order stays the same.

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    OK @samd
    That certainly clarifies the situation for me.