Zone controller

Options
I'm wanting to create another zone controller using my wired smart thermostat is this possible if so how do you do it?

Comments

• NG_No5
    Options

I am trying to install Tado Wireless Receiver BP2612090368 in place of Drayton MiTime T742R. It appears from the installation instructions that the Drayton controller is incompatible - I have an S plan system with 2 zones and a Glow-worm 18 sxi boiler and hot water tank. I have purchased a fixed wired Tado themostat and also a Tado Wireless thermostat (one for each zone)

Are there any work arounds for this ? Any help would be appreciated ! (If not I will need to return the Tado kit and install one from a supplier whose system is compatible ! )

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Is it giving you a reason why the controller is incompatible? If you currently have a three channel controller (2 heating zones and hw) your system will need to be rewired but it should still work.
  • NG_No5
    Options

Thanks Johnnyp78 for your reply, the info has come from the Tado set up installation details so I do not know the reason for the incompatibility, but would you be able to advise how the rewire should be configured ? Thanks

• johnnyp78
    Options
    I would get a professional in, it’s impossible for me to say with any certainty.