Tado 'slow' to respond to schedule

Options

I've recently been seeing delays in Tado responding to the schedule.

Delays in either initiating a call for heating at the start of a heating time-block or stopping the call for heat at the end of a time-block. We're not just talking a few minutes - I've seen delays of up to half an hour in the worst cases.

This leaves rooms either colder than they should be because the heating doesn't fire, or my system burning gas when it shouldn't be!

In the below example, you can see the time is 0919 - the heating switched to 'Off' at 0900 but you can see from the icon that a call for heat is still active. This was the only zone doing this (all other Zones off, and no call for heat from any zone but this one) - boiler was still operating as a result.

This heating season I'm seeing a lot more ... glitches in Tado. HTTP errors occur in the app, and these schedule delays.

TADO! What's going on?!!

Answers

• hugbilly
    Options

Not a new thing, it happens here from time to time though 30 minutes is excessive. Another irritation in a system which is perfect . . . aside from its imperfections !

• wateroakley
    Options

Although it can take up to minute for a on/off change to happen, haven’t noticed any similar issues here.

• davidlyall
    Options

I've noticed it taking a few minutes to react sometimes. Nothing like your 19 minute delay though

Have you asked Tado support?

• Megalo
    Megalo
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Yea I had this issue when I first installed mine, it took a while to turn on and off one time it took 10 mins to turn the heating on when pressing boost, I saw some where relocating the bride further away from the router works and positioning the bridge up right as well, did the trick for me I stuck my bridge to the wall upright and away from other wireless stuffs and problem solved, it all depends where your bridge is located interface from other wireless stuff etc.

If that doesn't work then reset the app and bridge.
  • RoryFire
    Options

Just picking up on this - ours has now and again done random things, but it seems to be getting regular now that the TRV in our bedroom doesn't open for anything from 5 to 30 mins after its scheduled time.

I've got the hub away from the router and mounted upwards. The main bed TRV is one of nearer ones, so shouldn't be any comms issue.

Are others seeing regular delays in response too?

• RoryFire
    Options

Replying to my own post - for Monday this week I changed the on time from 7AM (UK) to 6.55AM. TRV opened at 6.55AM. On Tuesday I left the time at 7AM and it opened at 7.18.

So I changed all the other days to 6.55AM and it's worked perfectly. So I can only assume Tado's servers get a bit overloaded at 7AM!