Dual Zone

Options
DaveBG
DaveBG
edited December 2023 in General Questions & Topics
I currently have a dual zone (downstairs and upstairs) set up with a gas combi boiler and wired thermostats and am looking to switch to Tado.

Current set-up is an Ideal boiler, with wired dial-style thermostats. There are two valves by the boiler, which I presume control the two circuits. Additionally there is a time-clock unit downstairs to set schedules etc.

Downstairs, I am happy with the location of the thermostat. Upstairs, the thermostat isn’t in an ideal position.

So what I think I need is a Wireless Starter Kit (use the wireless thermostat upstairs) and an additional wired thermostat for downstairs.

Am I missing anything? I’ve seen people ask about which thermostat “controls” the water in such a set-up, which I don’t really understand. Can anyone shed some light on this?

What, if any, role does the time-clock unit play in a Tado set-up? Will it just be ignored, since schedules are set up in the app?

Thanks!

Best Answers

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    Don’t worry about water control, that’s only an issue with system boilers and digital connections, neither of which apply to you. Tado configuration sounds fine. Is the timer internal to the boiler? I have a timer on my ideal boiler - as long as I leave it set to always on it doesn’t cause any problems with Tado, so I’m assuming yours would be similar. If it’s external it will probably be similar it can be set to always on, otherwise you might need to bridge it.
  • DaveBG
    DaveBG
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks! The timer is external, but can be set to always on, so likely the same.