Improve feedback in app when geo fencing stops working

Options

Yesterday when I got back home from work the temperature in our house was very low. I checked the Tado app and it showed that Tado was working in 'away' mode for the full day while my wife, that has Tado on her phone, was home all day.

Last week everything was still working fine so I checked the Tado app on her phone. When I started the app on her phone it prompted to accept new terms and conditions and then everything started to work correctly again.

I find it disturbing that the heat system does not work properly when terms and conditions are not accepted and no push message or mail is send to notify you that your heat system may stop working properly before this actually happens.

Some people, like my wife but also my elderly mother, do not check the app itself that often and for them the app is only installed to provide geo fencing.

My suggestion is to improve this and make sure that the heat system never stops working mid-winter because of an issue with the Tado app. A warning via mail or whatsoever may be sufficient to take action before this happens.

Thanks,

Eelco

3 votes

Active · Last Updated