Electronic noise

Options

My TRV's make a strange "electronic" beeping sound periodically. I can't pin it to which unit or units are making this noise or why. It is not anywhere as irritating as my Bosch TRVs were but still it is an unusual noise. Anyone know the reason for this?

Comments

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

Given you had a noise with other trvs, could it be something transmitted through your pipework?

• dgaraux
    Options

These "electronic" sounds are nothing like the sounds made by the Bosch equipment. Theirs was definitely the sound of the mechanism moving the pin. These new sound probably are related to the valve working but sound like ghey are being electronically produced. I can live with these strange beeps but was wondering if others were experiencing the same thing and maybe new what caused them.

• pcone
    pcone ✭✭✭
    Options

@dgaraux When my valves make small adjustments they sound like a mobile phone on vibrate. More of a small buzz than a beep. Could it be similar, or is it a definite beep?

• hugbilly
    Options

It's the valves moving, I think a totally silent motorised TRV is an unlikely prospect . . .

• dgaraux
    Options
    yes the sound is definitly a beep noise and lasts just that long