1 flame icon not heating up

Options
I recently observed an issue with my Ideal Logic Code ESP1 38 where, despite setting the Tado Pro app to 80°C, Opentherm doesn't surpass 60°C. While this may seem positive, I encountered a problem when any radiator, marked with 1 flame in the app, triggers the boiler, causing non-Tado TRV radiators to heat up. To be clear the Tado radiators are not heating up when saying 1 flame.

Even after monitoring the flow temperature, it consistently stays in the 40s. I'm dealing with this in a new build property, and it's not due to stuck TRV pins.

Any insights or help on resolving this would be greatly appreciated! 🙏 #TadoPro #BoilerIssues #TemperatureTroubles

Answers

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited January 3
    Options

You are setting the maximum flow temperature in the Tado pro app, not your desired water heating temperature. As far as I can tell your modulating system is working exactly as it’s supposed to. 40-50c should be more than hot enough for a modern, well insulated house. Maybe you’d be better off using a switched relay connection so you could set your radiators to be scorching hot?

• SPT
    SPT ✭✭
    Options
    @johnnyp78 nah modulating is fine but why show 1 flame on a rad when it's cold?
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I don’t think there’s any option to see radiators on the app unless I’m missing something. You’re looking at rooms, not individual rads. As I understand it the flame symbols don’t correlate with the boiler being on. Three flames usually means it’s on, two means it will be turning on intermittently and one even more intermittently still.
  • hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

I wish tado would publish something about this, the meaning of the symbols (aside from when all three are shown) clearly puzzles many users . . .

• SPT
    SPT ✭✭
    Options
    My observation was that a flow temp of 40s was being pushed out, hence why the non tado radiators were warm. But questioning this as the Tado bedroom radiator was cold which leads me to believe that the valve was not open. But the single flame icon was showing.

So it thinks it's on, but hot water isn't getting to the room,.but is to non tado rads.
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I suspect that it’s an issue with the tado trvs being over sensitive, where they allow so little hot water through that the radiator doesn’t heat up but the ambient temperature heats the room instead. It happens with mine sometimes. I would ask Tado to look into it but most of the time they’re ok.
  • SPT
    SPT ✭✭
    Options
    @johnnyp78 it stopped doing that behaviour I mentioned today. No idea if it was confused as I asked for 0.5c increment and it was on 20, and I wanted 20.5c

What is interesting is that the TRVs are super inaccurate since I set my max flow to 80...

System goes to 61,.and floats between 41 and 61. Which is better than relay and stuck on 70 or 55