How to system the system with one smart thermostat and 3 smart radiator thermostat

Options

I have one smart thermostat at my living room "wired" to control an Ideal Mexico boiler. if I got 3 smart radiator thermostat in Living , Dinner and utility. if the living room thermostat reach the temperature it will cut the CH. how to set the CH still working if either one of the radiator need to operate.

on the other hand , is there any way to match the temperature reading on radiator match the room temperature? as the sensor is close to radiator and with Hot water at the bottom . any way to calibrate it?

Thanks. I'm new for using this system

have a good day and thanks for help.

Best Answer

• wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@JohnnyKong ... is this a typical S-Plan or Y-Plan system with zone valves? Do you have a programer/controller as well as the room stat? How is the HW controlled? Do you have dumb TRVs on your rads, all rads, or none? The Mexico boiler documents say it needs an external bypass. Do you have an automatic bypass on the pipework or a rad without a TRV?

Adding Tado TRVs to the rads will give individual room temperature control. The Tado TRVs in each room can be set to 'call for heat' from the boiler via the the Tado 'zone controller' (a wired room stat or wireless receiver). Or the room can be set as 'independent' and the TRV acts like a 'time/temperature' control that would rely on another device (such as the living room stat) to 'call for heat'. Note the system limits of 10 'zones' and 25 'devices'

Adjacent furniture, radiator covers, or large rads may affect the localised Tado TRV temperature measurement. Sometimes a temperature offset in the app may work, but it's not a ideal in every circumstance. If the offset doesn't work for you, the answer is to add a Tado wirelesss thermostat as the measurement device in the room.