Redundancy in the event of internet loss of server faults

Options

Currently Tado does not have an effective method of controlling their system locally if the internet goes down or if their is a fault on their servers. Can tado re assess this and provide a way to still use the heating controller locally via a smart phone connected to the same WIFI network as the Tado devices, so that in the middle of a UK winter we can still control our heating system effectively. Note there are numerous forums online requesting the same, so please re consider your position on this and provide your customers with the functionally they require or at least warn them on the product packaging, that failure of the internet or server can lead to loss of control over the system as it is against the trade descriptions act not to do so.

8 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• jeffmcfly
    Options
    What the hell is Tado awaiting to implement a local management? I see several discussions about this topic since years.
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I’m guessing the answer is ‘they don’t want to’.
  • jeffmcfly
    Options
    What do they want? I don't see any recent major update or coming release roadmap. Do they care about their customers?
  • johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Again, just a guess, but as long as people keep buying Tado products as they are, the company seems totally uninterested in updating them.
  • jeffmcfly
    Options
    Sad. I'll just recommend people to install other brands