Show the water temp that goes into a radiator or warn if too low

Options

So, I had an issue with our central heating. Two-story apartment, the lower floor was fine, the upper floor not so much. Out of three radiators upstairs, one was kinda happening, the rest cold.

I noticed it was a bit chilly. I played around with the two cold ones, removed the thermostat, and eventually called the landlord who apologized and filled water into the heating system. All good.

I was talking with support at the time about something else and they told me, they saw two of the thermostats were open but only cold water available, the third one had lukewarm water. What??? They can see that??

So my idea is if you click on a room. next to the wavy lines that indicate heating, it could either show nothing (all ok) or an ice crystal if there is no heat coming. Or always show the lines in red (hot!) or blue (not working!).

And for sure do use it to do something with care & protect. Of course that thing said all was dandy....

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I think someone was pulling your leg. The Tado trvs can only measure air temperature.
  • GrayDav4276
    Options
    Yeah.... I think that tado support were having a bit of a laugh......
  • pcone
    pcone ✭✭✭
    Options

I guess support could see that the valve was open but the radiator not heating up, rather than specifically seeing that the water was cold

• FFM
    FFM ✭✭
    Options

Yeah, I was surprised that they would add two separate thermometers into the TRV to measure the air and the temperature specifically around the area where it is connected to the radiator metal itself.

I guess they concluded that if it is open and temperature does not change, it must be cold water flowing thru... But even that is worthy of a little notification? Or something that actually uses the care & protect bit?

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    Options
    Care and Protect......I've never ever had a notification from Care and Protect in over 3 years of tado usage......and I definitely have had issues with my devices.....many times.
    C&P is no more than another tado "sales gimmick".....imho
  • FFM
    FFM ✭✭
    Options

Yes, had issues with my current central heating - nothing from C&P. And before with an apartment gas heater that flunked out - nothing.

And I just learned, Energy IQ has issues with an apartment gas heater if hot water is separate (I knew that, it does not know how much hot water/gas was used) but also central heating. It knows the monthly cost/bill, and it knows how much it opened radiators but it spurts out garbage. Tado KNOWS I use central heating (only TRV and thermometers) but it still asks me to enter data. Support says the numbers mean nothing. Why even display Energy IQ in my case?

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    Options

Energy IQ can only tell you how much total gas is used......it has absolutely no way of knowing how much you use for your heating only.......it's yet another tado "sales gimmick".

Plus.....when I used it, the numbers that tado produced were often higher than my actual meter readings.....even though I was physically inputting the meter readings for tado to "number crunch".........totally useless.

• FFM
    FFM ✭✭
    Options

I enter kWh. But what you said, you enter I used 100, yet Tado says no, you used 386! Like... no, I just entered 100, why do you insist it is 386. How about you use the open/close of valves and apply that to the 100 so you can see what I used based on the valves and thus, calculate next month?

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited January 26
    Options
    Tado have shown absolutely no interest in sorting this (and many other) iissues.
    Apparently there are some users who believe that it works for them......however tado seem to be unable to get this feature working for vast majority of their customers....and are displaying a complete lack of interest in sorting this out.