Boiler not turning off

Options
System is Smart Thermostat in master bedroom upstairs. Wireless thermostat and wireless receiver downstairs. Everything working as expected for approx 7 months until this evening.
Upstairs reset from 19.0c to 19.5c at about 1500 and according to the graph the boiler should have gone off at about 1530. I’ve just walked into the the bedroom and it is 23.3! Everything in the app says the boiler is off. Only the power and WiFi LEDs are lit on the wireless receiver but the boiler is still running. I’ve now switched the boiler off using the mode switch on the boiler.

Any ideas where to start looking?

Comments

• pcone
    pcone ✭✭✭
    Options

Some people with similar symptoms find that the relay in the wireless receiver has stuck - apparently a sharp tap on the casing will unstick it

• Samm123
    Options
    I have just had this exact issue last night, boiler on full whack and radiators getting really hot. Noticed just before going to bed that it was unusually warm. Only way to turn off was to switch off the boiler at main power switch on wall. The wireless receiver showed heating and hot water as off. Lights and click noise as expected when turning CH/HW on and off but boiler remained on.

Tried the suggestion of a few taps with handle end of screwdriver this morning and immediately fixed the issue.

Have contacted Tado for support guess a new receiver may be needed. Installed just under 3 months ago!