Tado & OVO

Options

My daughter purchased a wireless starter kit from a chap on E-bay - unused.

I installed the internet bridge, set up an account for her and tried to add it.

The camera wouldn't open so we added it manually and it came up with the message "You are installing a Tado provided by OVO"

When I clicked on continue the next screen was blank and locked the app completely.

I have to delete and reload the app.

We contacted Tado who were less than helpful.

After a week she was told the lock to OVO had been removed so she could now use it.

In that time I had purchased a new one from Screwfix and installed it with no problems.

I have just set up a dummy account and tried to install the internet bridge, wireless temp sender and the wireless receiver but am still getting the same problems!

Slightly pi**ed off as I now have a box of parts I can't even sell on.

Starter Kit TD1812210432.

Comments

• wateroakley
    Options

Sorry hear your daughter bought a dodgy ‘unused’ kit on eBay. Unfortunately, these on-line marketplaces are a minefield. An honest seller would have described the kit as locked to OVO. If the description was inaccurate, I suggest you go back to eBay and seek a refund.

• fabphil
    Options

The kit was in a sealed box and all the items were in their plastic wrappings, all looked perfect. Nothing dodgy about it other than its locked to OVO.

There is absolutely nothing on the box or in the paperwork to let you know.

First thing we knew was when the text appeared on the app when setting up.

She went through Paypal for a refund as that's how she purchased it, turns out because she went that route E-Bay didn't want to know.

Then Paypal cancelled the refund for reasons best known to themselves, so she's out of pocket, unhappy, but lesson learned.

Beware out there!

• wateroakley
    Options

Sorry that your experience has been marred by a seller who was inaccurate with the description and the intransigent platform policy on refunds. While the box may not have been obvious, the seller should have known. It’s akin to buying a mobile phone on eBay, only to find the hard way that it’s locked to one operator.

As a seller of small branded consumer items on that platform, we value our 100% 5* feedback and offer a no-quibble refund or replacement. I won’t buy anything on that platform where there is negative seller feedback. Suggest you use the platform feedback to politely make known your dissatisfaction with the seller and warn other buyers.