A Pause Button… with Adjustable Duration

Options
I would like to suggest a Pause button… Similar to the Boost button but with the opposite effect. Or add a time restriction to the Off button.

With the weather so variable there are times when the heating just does not need to come on if one of the rooms drops 0.2 degrees below the target temperature. With temperature targets across multiple rooms there are times when it feels like the heating is continuously on, albeit with a low load. It simply isn’t necessary.

The Pause button would allow the heating to be off for a specific time, chosen when pressed, so 30 minutes, 60 minutes, 2, 4, 8 hours or similar. At least then you know the heating comes back on at the end of the period.

I am currently doing a similar thing by turning the heating system off in the app, but if I forget to resume then the temperature drops too far. Turning it off room by room is even more time consuming.

I think it would be a great opportunity to allow users to save a bit of extra energy by thinking “we can turn the heating off right note for a couple of hours, it will be fine.”
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited January 26
    Options

Alexa users can already achieve this with a voice routine .......Alexa routines are "seen" by tado as a "physical change" to their devices.

The time that you set in the device settings will then be used to return your device back to its schedule programme.

Mine are set to 45 mins.......this means that I can "turn off" a device/room.......or if I want......"boost" a device/room.

Alexa makes tado into a better / more controllable system.

I use Alexa voice routines on a very regular basis........

• Kev_F
    Options
    I’m not an Alexa user unfortunately, but that does sound useful. I’m not overly keen on having third party control systems generally. I guess it’s possible to do something similar with Apple HomeKit, but I don’t like that either!
  • GrayDav4276
    Options
    I've never had any issues with my Alexa integration with my tado system.....I don't think that this is the case with Apple though.