Become truly environmentally friendly

Options

Tado speaks about being environmentally friendly but my radiator thermostat broke. The resolution is to share a receipt and they ship me a new one (across multiple countries) and then I return mine (again across a long distance)

I was told Tado does not have a repair department which begs the question of why it cannot be recycled locally. Unfortunately, I do not have my receipt any longer which means I will need to buy a new device and again and have that shipped to me.

It would be far more environmentally friendly to offer a repair service to reuse these and ensure less sent to landfill

https://www.tado.com/gb-en/environment

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that tado actually sell refurbished devices......
  • FFM
    FFM ✭✭
    Options

They do but you insinuate that they secretly sell you refurbished devices. They do not. They actually market them as refurbished devices with the same warranty just cheaper. I bought quite a few refurbished. They look and feel new by the way...

• GrayDav4276
    Options

At no point did I insinuate that........all I said was that tado actually sell refurbished devices......??🤔 please do not try to "read between the lines" to find something that just simply isn't there.

• FFM
    FFM ✭✭
    Options

True, I just read it quickly and I felt that's what you meant. I did not try to "read between the lines".