Please confirm my understanding - UFH & Tado

Options

Hi, everyone, thanks in advance for any support.

I have had a wet UFH system installed and a manifold installed but not connected up at all.

The manifold has its own pump and 3 actuators controlling 2 zones.

My existing Tado system comprises of:

Wireless Receiver connected to Boiler, Two Wireless Thermostat Sensors, 17 x Tado Radiator Smart TRVs'

My understanding on connecting the UFH to the existing Tado System:

Install a Heatmiser UH4 wiring centre

Connect the acutators into the wiring centre

Connect the manifold pump into wiring centre

Purchase and install 2 x Wired Tado Thermostats and connect into wiring centre

My main areas of uncertainity is that the wiring centre has a boiler control terminals, would I need to connect the boiler to the wiring centre, if the wired thermostat is wireless communicating with the existing receiver?

Does the system need a 2 port valve on the flow to the manifold from the boiler?

Answers

• policywonk
    Options

I have an almost identical system.

Mine has a three, two port valves, one for CH to the rads, one for the UFH, one for Hot water. Logically the Central Heating circuit handles both the rad circuit and the UFH circuit. One main pump pushes water through all three valves, which determine which bits get some heat.

When the heating arrives at the UFH manifold (which determines whether to turn on the two port valve, or not), the manifold's pump distributes the heat through the actuators to the rooms. The actuators are controlled by wired thermostats- and in my setting those wired thermostats are Tado add-on wired thermostats. Only need to wire live and switched live, parking neutral.

This is the wiring approach used. Mixed System with UFH - Wiring to Manifold — tado° Community. It works.