Boiler burner coming on when Tado is off

Options
Hi our gas usage has been incredibly high for a while now and been trying to get to the bottom of it. It feels like it is burning gas for way longer than it should. So I tested it with Tado when I turn off all the rooms and hot water. The boiler is still firing up and burner light is on.

We have Tado wireless receiver connected to the boiler, we have Tado smart thermos on most (but not all rads). And we have underfloor heating (I have tested this when the thermostats for those are off).

Been on with Tado support which is super frustrating - you used to be able to call them now it’s an email and they take days sometimes to reply so it can take a long time of disjointed messaging to try to triage anything. Frankly it’s complicated tech and should have proper support especially for escalations.

Anyway they advised moving the wires for CH and HW from NO to P1 which I did. Still the boiler calls for heat… so something isn’t right.

Going to try and find a plumber who understands Tado to come and have a look.

Comments

• wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    edited April 3
    Options
    P1 is ‘Park’ and without power nothing should be calling for heat? If this is a S-plan or Y-plan, I’d be suspicious of the zone valves.
  • Toddy4
    Options

Same problem, and it’s only just started happening although no changes to the system have been made.

Heating cut in and could only be stopped by switching off at boiler.

• wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    Options

If Tado is not calling for heat and the boiler is ON, the first check is whether the zone valves are behaving.

• Emcee
    Emcee | Admin
    Options

Hi Jamesh7,

My first reaction would be to agree with wateroakley.

If issues persist, you can get in touch with tado° support again. Explain to them that the solution first provided has not been successful. Reply time tends to be shorter when the weather gets milder.

Thanks for contributing to the community forum 🙂

• davidlyall
    davidlyall ✭✭✭
    Options

If parking the wires hasn't stopped the behaviour then this is not a Tado problem

I would completely agree that it sounds like a zone valve issue that a plumber should be able to check and resolve