Battery Replacement Period

Options
I have a total of 8 tado radiator valves, all of which have the recommended Panasonic eneloop batteries fitted. The radiator valve fitted in the bathroom requires battery replacement every few weeks, whereas all of the others go for months on end before needing replacements. I have used different pairs of batteries, so faulty ones don't seem to be the issue. I'm thinking either a faulty unit, or maybe the valve itself is sticking or somehow to dramatically increase power demand? The latter seems unlikely, as the performance is normal. Any other ideas? 🤔

Comments

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Swap the "battery hungry" tado radiator valve with another "non hungry" valve to determine if it's the tado device that is faulty.
  • wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    Options

If your TRV is still under warranty, best to get it replaced. We have one TRV of 24 that was battery-hungry, lasting a couple of weeks. The power draw was 10mA. Latterly, the top of the TRV would become warm and then failed completely.

• Wouter7
    Options

I have installed a series of those for a client and more than half off them are chewing up batteries, sorry but customer support is horrible.

• Wouter7
    Options

Anyone have feedback wether the excessive consumption is caused by bad radiator valves or difficult internet connectivity?

• Emcee
    Emcee | Admin
    edited April 25
    Options

Hello Jim255,

I'm sorry to read that you've been having issues with your bathroom's Smart Radiator Thermostat.
    Sometimes these devices can be affected if their environment is too moist.
    You can read more about this topic in the article I've linked below.

If moisture is not the issue, please contact tado° customer support: https://support.tado.com/en/articles/3590239-how-can-i-contact-tado-customer-support

Thanks for your contribution to the community! Let's keep the conversation going 🙂

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Welcome @Emcee
    It's so nice to finally "see" a tado employee contribute to the Community Forum.....it's been a very long time since the last tado entry.
    I can only assume that you are a newer tado employee.....welcome.
  • Emcee
    Emcee | Admin
    Options

Thank you, GrayDav4276! You'll see a lot more of me in the coming months 😉

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I sincerely hope that is true.....I suspect that you will need to get up to speed with the many issues raised by the Community Forum members.....a few accurate responses from a tado employee would be greatly appreciated by your customers................
    any news on a "tado V4" ????🤔