How do I bypass Dragon Digistat+ whilst retaining Danfoss receiver?

Options

Hoping this proves more helpful than Tado support have been on this occasion…

I have just moved in to a new house and brought my old Tado system with me. The system in the new house comprises an Ideal boiler, LP241 controller, Drayton Digistat+ wireless thermostat, Lifestyle Wiring Centre and a Danfoss RX1 radio receiver for the hot water (pictures below).

My Tado was the older wired thermostat and extension kit. I was advised by Tado support that this wouldn't be compatible and so have bought the newer wireless receiver and wireless thermostat, at their recommendation. I was told to replace the LP241 with the wireless receiver, leave the Danfoss RX1 in place and bypass the Drayton Digistat+ - I have replaced the LP241 as advised (using the installation guide) and when I requested instructions on how to bypass the Digistat+, Tado support have advised:

"You selected a Wireless Temperature Sensor to be replaced by your Wireless Receiver. This is not possible, since you have to replace the Receiver of your current Wireless Thermostat with the tado° Wireless Receiver. Please select the model of the Receiver in your app, to install the Wireless Receiver correctly."

As it currently stands my heating only works when I activate both the Tado and Drayton thermostats and Danfoss RX1 appears not to be working at all.

When I followed the installation guide, this is how they advised I wire the receiver in place of the LP241 (purple wires running from 'L' to 'CH Com' and from 'CH COM' to 'HW COM' along with the LP241 'as was' photograph - grateful for any expert advice on here!

Thank you.

Best Answer

• Dragoon
    Dragoon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you. I mapped out the Lifestyle wiring box (receiver, valve and Danfoss) and then figured out which wires I needed to adjust to decommission the Drayton SCR. Up and running now.

Answers

• wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    Options

This is a wiring problem. Not least, the green/yellow wire (that should be Earth) has a grey sleeve indicating it probably been used for 240V live. Best to engage a professsional to sort this out.