Issues after updating to the new Wireless Temperature Sensor firmware

Options

Today I have noticed one of my three Wireless Temperature Sensors is offline (noticeable in the app and as an error on the receiver). I started troubleshooting and I found out all the sensors have been updated to the new 204.1 firmware. I remember checking the firmware on Friday and it was still on 90.1 (still visible in the Apple Home app (Home Kit)). I moved the sensor closer to the receiver and the sensor started working. How is that possible? The sensor has been working fine until the firmware update. Could you please verify if you have not mess up with the range functions?

I have also noticed my heat pump control is off. Could it be caused by the firmware update? The wireless receiver is connected to the heat pump control unit as 230V relay.

Comments

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The FW update may have drained the batteries in this particular Temperature Sensor......replace the batteries as a first course of action.
  • MarianH
    Options
    Nope, it is a completely new sensor bought a week ago. I checked the batterries with a volt meter and they are full (1.53V each). I also tried a new set of batteries and it is the same issue.
  • GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Then maybe you need to contact tado support.
  • MarianH
    Options
    Solved. Based on the Tado’s advice I repositioned the bridge to the upright position and signal is much better (no sensor disconnections).