Heating coming on with HW

Options
We’ve been using Tado for a few years and recently had a new pressurised hot water system put in plus new underfloor heating in kitchen. Since then the central heating has been coming on when only hot water should be on. Any ideas?

Answers

• wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    Options

Best that you provide details of your heating system, before and after, with pictures of the wiring if possible. Otherwise, first suspects would be a wiring problem or a faulty zone valve.

• NH1
    Options
    Unfortunately I don’t have photos of previous set-up. Does this current photo help at all?
  • wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    Options

Penny to a pound this is a wiring issue after changing things. Although it could be a new fault. Best to revert to the installer to sort out your heating.

• NH1
    Options
    I’m sure you’re right. Just not sure how our electrician who installed it is going to be able to work out what is wrong. Don’t seem to be many who are familiar with Tado.
  • wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    edited April 14
    Options

Tado and wiring is not the issue. I installed a CH system in our first home in 1978. We upgraded the heating controls with Tado in our present home in 2022. From experience, wiring a typical 1978 or 2011 CH system with Tado should not be difficult for a professional installer.