w.Intercom = i;Price increase — tado° Community

Price increase

I have been very satisfied with the Tado system.
My subscription has just increased from £25 to £30. This is a 20% increase. In this country inflation is about 3%. How can you substantiate this increase when there is no support costs?
Thank you
Martin Rayner

Best Answers

• Emcee
    Emcee Admin
    edited September 9 Answer ✓

Hello @Marrayn,

As you note, there has been an increase in the price of Auto-Assist. This decision was made for a number of reasons to help us sustain the quality of the feature, including:

• Over the past few months, we have introduced several features to Energy IQ, to enhance the value and functionality to you, our customer.
    • Also, we have managed to make this the first price increase we have implemented since the launch of Auto-Assist in 2018.
    • Like any other company, tado° has been affected by the recent inflation surge, which has necessitated a review of our pricing structure.

To really take advantage of Auto-Assist, and benefit from the lowest pricing option, we recommend you choose the yearly plan for €29.99/£29.99.

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@davidlyall Change of property;

Current - Included in price is fully featured tado auto heating system

Proposed - Yes I know you would prefer Hive but you can have this house if you pay an extra £x per week before you turn the heating on.

Answers

• davidlyall
    davidlyall ✭✭✭

Hi @Marrayn

This is a community forum for Tado users. You'll need to contact Tado directly with your complaint

• This content has been removed.
  • davidlyall
    davidlyall ✭✭✭
    @SteveIreland , has @Emcee actually positively contributed to this forum? I don't believe so

I still maintain this isn't the place to try to get answers from tado on anything
  • How many years is that 20% increase over?

• royi
    royi ✭✭✭
    edited May 26

@NeilJones I also noticed under my Google subscription that the price is increasing from £21.99 to £29.99, this would be over 12 months. It would have been nice if Tado contacted me directly in the app or by email of the price increase. I've been using the service for the past 2 years and it's not worth it. I won't be renewing.

• Thanks for the feedback. It is much appreciated to see an active community. I will give Taco the benefit of the doubt this time. Otherwise I appreciate the efficiency of the Taco system.

Thanks

Martin

• royi
    royi ✭✭✭

@Emcee If this is the first time in 3 years there's been a price increase. Why is there a price difference between mine and @Marrayn. Is there a two tier pricing system.

• Emcee
    Emcee Admin

Hello @royi,

Prices might differ if you are subscribing to Auto-Assist on a yearly or monthly basis.

• davidlyall
    davidlyall ✭✭✭

Personally, I don't have an issue with subscriptions and would support if Tado offered the entire service (including hardware) on subscription. Obviously as an existing hardware owner, I'd expect the subscription to be heavily discounted since they're not having to send me anything

This would provide Tado with an income stream to cover support and development. I would expect in this scenario that hardware failures would result in replacement equipment being shipped out following troubleshooting. This model works in other industries so I can't see why it couldn't work for Tado

The problem with the current model is that once they sell you the hardware, they have no income stream and as we've seen, the support can be lacklustre with out-of-warranty failures requiring a hardware purchase to resolve.

• rafm5
    rafm5 Volunteer Moderator

I personally don't fancy anything that requires a subscription, however I do understand that the cloud systems so well liked previously for its savings compared to onsite systems also generate costs and these are widely going up. I have recently worked on a project where a minimum of data had to be logged and the project had to be amended to include the financial aspect. The good thing is that tado° is still a viable product without a subscription.

• FFM
    FFM ✭✭

@SteveIreland What part of the EU do you have 6 year warranty? Isn't it two years? Or, to be precise, one year and after the one year the buyer has to prove that the defect was there when it was purchased. But most, if not all do two years. Still, not 6 years….

Also, not everybody is experiencing a cost of living crisis. I'd rather have a subscription and everything is taken care of (whatever happens).

• FFM
    FFM ✭✭

@SteveIreland True, you said up to. And now you added "depends on the product" and "expected to last the full 6 years". I think warranty was not the correct word. I suggest "life expectancy"?

And you giving out a new Tado set if they returned it after 4 years is a business decision that you make. For you, it makes sense to keep the customer happy. Whatever the cost of the Tado set was, you can fully tax deduct it (still not free for you but I guess making the customer happy). I would not and I doubt many companies just give you two extra years of warranty out of the blue.

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@SteveIreland Wow! Don't leave cos some poor loser can't accept your word squire. I appreciate what you said and welcome your contribution to this forum.

• FFM
    FFM ✭✭

Well, I am happy samd and Steveirland have found each other. The personal insult, not so much ("poor loser") but that tends to happen near the end of a discussion.